CUSTOMS DECLARATIONS FOR GOODS YOU BRING OR RECEIVE INTO THE UK
From 1 January 2021, if you are a UK-based business bringing or receiving goods from the EU, you must complete an import declaration to get your goods through customs.
You can do this yourself, but as completing a customs declaration can be complicated and you will need compatible software to do it, many smaller and medium sized importers typically use a specialist. Please see our guide entitled “Importing goods from the EU to Great Britain from 1 January 2021” if you are thinking of this approach.
For Government advice on using a specialist see:
For further guidance on the following topics click on the link here:
- How to submit a customs declaration if you are doing it yourself
- Bringing merchandise to the UK
- Making a declaration
- Arriving with goods that have not been declared in advance
- Getting Duty and VAT refunds
- When to submit
- Apply to use simplified declarations for imports