Brexit Transitional Period Ending
The Brexit Transition Period is ending on 1st January 2021 unless there is some further late extension.
We strongly recommend you visit the government page https://www.gov.uk/transition and follow through the wizard “Start now” to see how you may be affected.
If you import or export to EU then an EORI number may be needed from the transition date. (Takes up to a week https://www.gov.uk/eori)
You may be affected in ways you do not expect for instance, you may be affected if:
- You import/export to EU or Northern Ireland there will be changes to customs paperwork, VAT and tariffs
- You import/export to the rest of the world there will be changes to customs paperwork, VAT and tariffs
- You provide services to EU citizens
- You employ EU citizens
- Your business uses trademarks or has other IP
- You have public sector contracts
- You receive EU funding
- You travel to or through the EU
- You live in the EU and hold UK bank accounts
This list is not exhaustive and we recommend you follow the government website to get a personally tailored list.