The Restart Grant scheme supports businesses in reopening safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted. Grants will be available from 1 April 2021 but you can submit applications in advance.
Eligible businesses in the non-essential retail sector may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of up to £6,000 from their local council.
Eligible businesses in the hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors may be entitled to a one-off cash grant of up to £18,000 from their local council. Link to Grant guidance
Business rates will have a further 3 month holiday until 30 June 2021.
Restart Grants will be available to non essential retail, leisure, hospitality sectors of up to £18,000 to help them re open.
- Government loans - The bounce back loan and CBILs will close for applications on 31 March 2021. A new government loan will follow guaranteeing 80% of the loan advanced.
- Tax deadlines
Local Restrictions Grants
Businesses who were affected during/after the second lockdown in December 2020 may be eligible for Local Restrictions Open/Closed Grants – check local council website for details https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ch...
One off business rates based grant for hospitality, leisure retail sectors who must close.
In January 2021 a further one off grant was announced
- the one-off top-ups will be granted to closed businesses as follows:
- £4,000 for businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or under
- £6,000 for businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £9,000 for businesses with a rateable value of over £51,000
- any business which is legally required to close, and which cannot operate effectively remotely, is eligible for a grant
Again, local councils should be contacting rates payers in January 2021.
One off wet-pubs grant
A one off grant for pubs which primarily serve drink was available at Christmas, contact your local council